Careers At The Goods
Cannabis Dispensary located in Somerville, MA
Join The Goods
We are always looking for highly motivated employees, from the canna-curious to the experienced, to join our amazing team. We serve the amazing community of Somerville and Davis Square with a carefully curated selection of the highest quality and most innovative cannabis products available in an informative and stress free environment tailored to our customers needs.
We offer some of the best hourly rates in the industry, as well as competitive benefits, transportation reimbursements, bike share membership and many other great services to our employees. We believe that happy employees make happy customers, and that this philosophy will make The Goods one of the most successful and fun places to work. Come join our team!
“I’ve had a really amazing experience so far. The vendor training we’ve had has really helped me understand the depth of the various cannabis products we are selling and how to determine what to look for in order to create the effects you want. It has been really interesting to learn the science behind the plant and how there is a product for every customer to enjoy!”
A Customer Service/Fulfillment Specialist here at The Goods will educate and engage with consumers to determine the right products to fit their needs. Specialists are dedicated to exemplary service and experience, fulfilling customer orders and handling transactions kindly yet efficiently. These team members are also responsible for creating a clean, safe, respectful and positive environment in keeping with the values of The Goods, for both customers and peers alike.
Operates with direct supervision from General Manager(s), Inventory Manager and Assistant Manager(s). Follows established policies and procedures, contributes to the development of new concepts, policies and procedures as necessary to perform job duties and tasks. Both part-time (PT) and full-time (FT) opportunities are available, for both sales-floor front-of-house and inventory-fulfillment back-of-house roles.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Customer Service and Facility Upkeep:
- Welcome new and returning customers alike, providing the former with information on The Goods / our products and sales process.
- Communicate with team leader(s) to manage customer traffic, reduce wait times, and provide added support to consumers as needed.
- Maintain organization of the dispensary through daily upkeep and light cleaning.
- Package customer orders and ensure accuracy through multi-step verification.
- Process payment for all customer purchases and provide a receipt for each purchase.
Marijuana Education and Guidance:
- Maintain knowledge of all products and services provided, as well as applicable state and local laws.
- Educate customers on options and methods, strain information, effectiveness for specific ailments and cultivation methods.
- Provide educational materials and resources for customers as needed.
- Maintain awareness of customer input and suggest changes to improve service or product.
- Ensure accurate information is recorded for all customer registration, sales and preferences.
- Communicate inventory levels with team leaders to maintain accurate menus and update menus as needed; perform regular, documented inventory audits as needed.
Safety and Security:
- Maintain a continuous state of alertness to ensure the highest standards of safety for fellow employees, products, and the facility.
Additional duties as required.
The following tasks are not a complete itemization of your job duties, but a guideline to what to expect on a typical day here at The Goods:
- Assist in start of day and end of day procedures: inventory count, stock products and supplies, arrange displays, open and close register, etc.
- Attend staff meetings as scheduled.
- Count cash drawers, stock packaging and labeling supplies, and arrange point of sale (POS) setup accordingly.
- Package and label all items purchased.
- Greet customers and/or escort them through the dispensary, and provide additional services (ex. customer consultation) as needed.
- Provide superior customer service and education to customers, and follow-up with customers about specific product issues or requests, communicating any and all to your management team.
- Notify managers of inventory/testing levels to ensure accurate menu information, and update product menus as needed; assist in resolution of inventory discrepancies and any and all other outstanding issues with inventory
- Prepare pre-orders and online orders.
- Maintain and organize workplace organization through daily upkeep and light cleaning.
- Stay informed and knowledgeable about state and local laws, and industry news.
- Follow-up with customers about specific product or service requests.
- Participate in discussions and provide suggestions for improving product availability, customer satisfaction and/or policies and procedures.
- Assist management with research, communications or any other assigned projects/tasks.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- 2+ years retail and/or customer service experience preferred.
- Cannabis experience preferred.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must have the ability to pass a background check.
- Experience in a sales environment is preferred.
- Accurate data-entry and record keeping.
- Ability to answer multi-phone line systems.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and time management abilities.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment.
- Proficiency in windows-based software, Point-of-Sale software and Internet navigation.
- Ability to make decisions as necessary with oversight when needed.
- Regulations and Inventory experience preferred.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Stand for up to six (6) hours at a time
- Walk frequently
- Reach and twist/turn with hands and arms
- Climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus